This is the time of year when we give thanks. We would like to thank our clients and market partners for their support this year. We would also like to thank all the agents who have followed us, and who are changing the way they do business. We continue with our mission to encourage insurance buyers to think about insurance as a service rather than a commodity, and to challenge insurance agents to strive to become trusted advisors.
Are you sought after by your clients for more than just your insurance knowledge? Do you spend time educating yourself on your client’s business needs? Are you aware of the trends and issues that will impact your customers next year? If you answered yes, you are on your way to becoming a trusted advisor.
What Is A Trusted Advisor?
A trusted advisor is an agent who becomes so important and valued by the client, that the client seeks advice from the agent on a number of issues other than just insurance. A trusted insurance advisor becomes part of the firm’s consultant team, which includes attorneys, accountants, and human resources consultants. More than anything, being a trusted advisor is about establishing a set of behaviors.
Behaviors Associated With Trusted Advisors
- Always put the client first. Do the right thing even if it means the organization does not get the work.
- Solve problems rather than sell insurance.
- Understand all the issues facing the client, well beyond insurance.
- Be highly trained in business management.
- Bring a portfolio of practical experiences, relationships with others, an understanding of business dynamics, and market trends.
- Be willing to connect a number of business resources that will have a positive impact on your client’s business.