The recent storm and resulting damage have offered a reminder just how important the right kind of insurance can be. It also re-enforces just how important your agent can be in helping you through the claim process.
People buy insurance to protect their family and financial assets from a loss. So when a loss occurs, most people expect their insurance to step up and take care of the issue. Understanding insurance and the process involved in designing a policy can help prevent a standard claim from turning into a disaster.
How We Are Adding Value Post Storm
- Helping clients finding contractors.
- Offering ideas regarding money clients received from the insurance adjuster.
- Communicating how the claim process works. For example, why the insurance company only paid a portion of the damage estimate at first.
- Reminding people that claims are a “process’ of steps, not a one and done approach.
- Helping to match volunteer disaster relief with clients in need.
- Acting as a location and resource for internet, meeting space for adjusters and contractors to meet with clients displaced by the storms.
- Helping clients with a final proof of loss.
- Providing information on how to present your claim in a way to obtain the best payment based on your coverage terms.
Why Your Agents Knowledge And Experience Matters
Having a well-written policy at the time of a loss will make the entire process easier and more efficient. Every insurance policy offers basic coverage like coverage for your home and personal property. A trusted insurance partner will go beyond this and counsel you on how much coverage limits you may need and the benefits of modifying deductibles based on your financial capabilities.
The Value of Annual Insurance Reviews
An annual insurance review can offer time for the client and agent to sit down and determine what kind of coverage is needed based on your unique needs. This has become increasingly important after the recent Memorial Day tornado.
Your policy has coverage limits and deductible that will apply to each loss or claim. We can help you understand how these work and the value to you of adjusting these based on your individual needs.
We help you understand the value of viewing insurance as more than just a policy. It is a relationship with your agent and the insurance company. Your agent can become a trusted partner and help you with many areas of your personal insurance. This involves building a relationship of trust. You will want to have a comfortable, professional