A recent study by a leading insurance research firm showed something we have been saying for years. That is, when it comes to insurance buying most people are not just looking at price. There are many factors that will lead a person or business to select their agent.
Here are some of the factors clients consider when shopping for insurance:
- Clients want to be educated about risks they face.
- Clients want their agent to ask questions about their family and business.
- Clients want to connect with, and be cared for by, their agent.
- Clients want a partnership, not a salesperson.
- Clients want assurance their coverage needs are met, not just “sold” a product.
- Clients want to understand how their insurance works.
- Clients want good communication with their agents.
Price is part of the process, but less than 20%, according to Yana Glezina the director of brand and communications at Rocket Referrals, a leading insurance communications platform based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Here are ways to improve communication with your clients:
- Return calls the same day.
- Educate—do not sell.
- Text clients who are not into email or phone calls.
- Send your clients thank you notes and birthday cards.
- Be available when clients reach out randomly with a question.
- Reach out to your clients with meaningful and timely content.
- Respond to good and bad reviews.
If you are doing these things, then you are on your way to developing a true partnership with your clients.