Everyone is looking for a good deal on his or her personal insurance. Some people define a “good deal” as getting the lowest priced insurance, much like buying gas or other products of a similar kind. However, there is a different way to define the “best deal” in insurance terms. We want you to get the best value. Let me describe what I mean.
You Are Hiring Agent—Not Buying A Policy
Rather than shopping around for the lowest cost insurance, why not shop for an agent who can help you find the best value. Independent agents represent many different insurers. You will benefit from an agent who represents many insurers; especially an insurer who has experience with your individual needs. When you allow an agent to market your insurance needs to several insurers, it is an excellent way to bring value to the process and ensure that you will be presented with the best options available on the market today. You want a relationship, not just a policy.
Insurance policies are not all created equal. Insurance is not like a commodity; insurance companies offer many different kinds of policies that may or may not offer the coverage you need. Why pay for insurance you do not need, or worse, pay for coverage you thought you had but did not.
As an independent agent, we will not sell you more insurance, we will provide the right insurance. In some circumstances, we may even tell our clients not to buy insurance.
Ask your agent about their experience and qualifications. Are they investing in extra training and do they have accreditations?
A good agent will:
- Ask questions
- Educate you
- Bring their knowledge and skills into the relationship
- Act an advisor not a sale person
- Become a trusted partner
Agents Help Fill The Gap
Many insurance policies are filled with coverage gaps. These are areas where you need certain coverage, but the policy may not provide it. A coverage gap may have policy limits or deductibles not designed for your needs. An agent acting as your advisor can help you identify these gaps and offer solutions.
We often use the phrase, “You often don’t know what you don’t know.” Our job as your trusted partner is to listen to you, educate you, then partner with you in developing the right insurance solutions.
Here Is How You Benefit
- The complex becomes clear. When you have a relationship with the agent who is serving you, they will make the complex world of insurance understandable and how best to manage it.
- Is Insurance the only option? Clients may not always understand that there may be other ways to handle risk. A trusted advisor is in the education business – not the selling business.
- Value-added benefits. With a trusted advisor, you the buyer will have all the resources and knowledge of the agent and his/her team.
- You have access to other experts. Wouldn’t it be great if your agent brought to your team attorneys, accountants, claims experts, loss control professionals, and more? Well, a trusted advisor will do just that.
Give me a call and let us talk about how we are different and can help you understand your insurance purchase with clarity. I want to earn your trust.
Reichley Insurance believes insurance is more than a transaction. Insurance involves a trusted relationship built on a promise to put people before policies. Our promise is to listen to you, identify your risks, and provide solutions. Every Reichley employee has the heart of a teacher. Connect with us to experience The Reichley difference.