Over the past few months we have been encouraging agents and buyers to develop a new way of thinking about the insurance relationship. What we have yet to talk about is the reasons behind giving excellent customer service. This is important because if you don’t have an understand as to why relationships are important, your excellent customer service will be short lived.
Let’s look at five motivations behind building relationships and giving excellent customer service.
- You really must actually care about helping people. The right insurance can help businesses and families through a crisis.
- It is important to have an educator’s heart. We teach; we don’t sell. If we are teaching people about their risks, then they are better able to make the right decisions to protect themselves.
- We are designed to have connections with other people. Often clients and agents become good friends. To connect with your clients, you must understand them and their individual needs.
- To believe in excellent customer service, an agent must be educated in all areas of insurance and risk management.
- You must have an inquisitive nature. You must love to learn more about your clients’ families or businesses. The more you know, the more you can help them solve their problems and concerns.
Now go serve your clients and have a successful day!